Pomegranate trees are one of the most popular fruit trees to grow in home gardens. They are relatively easy to care for and produce a bountiful crop of delicious fruit. The key to growing a healthy pomegranate tree is to provide it with the best possible care, including regular fertilization. The best fertilizer for pomegranate trees is one that contains a balance of nutrients, including nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It should also be rich in organic matter to help improve drainage and promote healthy root growth. Here are our top picks for the best fertilizer for pomegranate trees:
Review of Best Fertilizer For Pomegranate Tree Of 2023 [Top Picks & Guide]
1. Jobe’s, 04226 Fertilizer Spikes, Fruit and Citrus, 6 Count, Slow …
- Brand: Jobe’s
- Manufacturer: Jobe’s Organics
- Color: Brown
- Dimensions: Height: 9.0 Inches Width: 2.0 Inches Length: 6.0 Inches Weight: 1.2 Pounds `
This fertilizer is perfect for fruit and citrus trees! The slow release formula means that your plants will be getting the nutrients they need over a longer period of time, which is great for their health. The spikes are easy to insert into the ground, and you only need 6 per tree.
- Jobe’s Fertilizer Spikes help promote healthier fruit and citrus trees.
- The fertilizer spikes are easy to use and provide long-lasting nutrients.
- Jobe’s fertilizer spikes help improve yields of fruit and citrus trees.
- The fertilizer spikes encourage vigorous growth of fruit and citrus trees.
- Jobe’s fertilizer spikes are an excellent value for the money.
Jobe’s Fertilizer Spikes are great for fruit and citrus trees! They are easy to use and last a long time. I have used them for a few years now and have never been disappointed. The trees always look healthy and produce a great crop of fruit.
2. Down to Earth Organic Fruit Tree Fertilizer Mix 6-2-4, 50 …
- Brand: Down To Earth All Natural Fertilizers
- Manufacturer: Central Garden Distribution
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 1.0 Inches Length: 1.0 Inches
Down to Earth Organic Fruit Tree Fertilizer Mix 6-2-4 is an all natural and organic way to give your fruit trees the nutrients they need to produce delicious, healthy fruit! This mix is formulated with kelp meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, and feather meal to provide a complete fertilizer for your fruit trees. It also contains essential micronutrients and trace minerals that are necessary for proper plant growth. This 50 lb bag will fertilize up to 10 large fruit trees.
- It is an organic product, so it is safe for both people and the environment.
- It is a slow-release fertilizer, so it will not burn your plants.
- It contains essential nutrients that fruit trees need to thrive.
- It is easy to use – just mix it with water and apply it to the roots of your tree.
- It is very cost-effective compared to other fertilizers on the market.
This fertilizer is perfect for my fruit trees! I’ve been using it for a few years now and it really seems to make a difference in the health and yield of my trees. I highly recommend it to anyone with fruit trees!
3. Dr. Earth 708P Organic 9 Fruit Tree Fertilizer In Poly …
- Brand: Dr. Earth
- Manufacturer: Dr. Earth
- Color: Natural
- Dimensions: Height: 10.0 Inches Width: 7.3 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches Weight: 4.0 Pounds `
This fertilizer is perfect for fruit trees! It has a 9-9-9 formula that provides nutrients for Trees, Shrubs & Flowers throughout the entire growing season. It’s also OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic production.
- Helps fruit trees to produce more fruit
- Improves the taste of fruits
- Makes fruits bigger and juicier
- Keeps fruit trees healthy and free from pests and diseases
- Can be used on all types of fruit trees
I have been using this product on my fruit trees for a few years now and have always been happy with the results. The trees are healthy and produce a good amount of fruit. This fertilizer is easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone with fruit trees.
4. Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes
- Brand: Miracle-Gro
- Manufacturer: Miracle-Gro
- Dimensions: Height: 2.13 inches Width: 5.5 inches Length: 8.75 inches Weight: 0.3 Pounds `
This product is great for fruit and citrus plants! It provides nutrients that help them grow strong and healthy. The spikes make it easy to apply the food, and the results arevisible within a few weeks.
- The Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes help provide essential nutrients to plants, resulting in healthier and more vibrant growth.
- The spikes make it easy to apply the right amount of fertilizer directly to the roots, where it can be most effective.
- This product is designed specifically for fruit and citrus trees, so you can be sure that your plants are getting the nutrition they need.
- The Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes are a convenient way to keep your plants healthy and looking their best.
- By using these spikes, you can help reduce the chances of over-fertilizing or under-fertilizing your plants, which can both lead to problems with growth and yield.
I’m so glad I found these Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Plant Food Spikes! My citrus trees have never looked better. The fruit is bigger and juicier than ever before. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with citrus trees.
5. Nelson Citrus Fruit and Avocado Tree Plant Food In Ground …
- Brand: Nelson Plant Food
- Manufacturer: Nelson Plant Food
- Dimensions: Weight: 4.0 Pounds `
Nelson Citrus Fruit and Avocado Tree Plant Food In Ground is the best way to ensure your citrus trees and avocados are getting the nutrients they need! This easy-to-use plant food is perfect for in ground trees, and provides essential nutrients for strong growth and fruit production.
- It helps to improve the yield and quality of citrus fruits and avocados.
- It is rich in nutrients, which help to promote the growth of trees.
- It helps to keep the trees healthy and free from pests and diseases.
- It is easy to use and can be applied directly to the soil around the trees.
- It is relatively inexpensive compared to other fertilizers on the market.
I’m so glad I found this product! I have a citrus tree and an avocado tree, and they both seem to be doing really well since I started using this plant food. It’s easy to use – you just mix it in with some water and pour it around the base of the plants – and I’ve noticed a difference in the health of my trees. The leaves are greener and the fruit tastes great.
6. FRUIT & CITRUS FOOD 4#
- Brand: Easy Gardener
- Manufacturer: Easy Gardener
- Dimensions: Height: 13.6 Inches Width: 7.1 Inches Length: 3.25 Inches Weight: 4.0 Pounds `
This product is perfect for those who love fruit and citrus flavors! It contains four different fruits that are sure to please your taste buds. The combination of sweet and tart flavors is delicious, and the texture is perfect. This food is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, so you can feel good about eating it.
- The product is rich in vitamins and minerals, which are essential for the body.
- The product helps to boost the immune system.
- The product is a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to regulate the digestive system.
- The product helps to lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
- The product is a good source of antioxidants, which help to protect the cells from damage caused by free radicals
This food is great for my fruit and citrus trees! I have tried other brands in the past, but this one seems to work the best. My trees are always healthy and produce a lot of fruit.
7. Purely Organic Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Plant Food Spikes (Box …
- Brand: Purely Organic Products
- Manufacturer: Purely Organic Products
- Dimensions: Height: 5.25 Inches Width: 7.0 Inches Length: 1.25 Inches Weight: 1.5 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It’s organic and it really works to help my plants grow. I’ve tried other products before, but this one is by far the best.
- The product is purely organic, so it is safe for both people and the environment.
- It comes in a convenient Spike form, so it’s easy to apply to trees and shrubs.
- It provides nutrients that help promote growth and health in plants.
- It is long-lasting, so you don’t have to reapply it as often as other fertilizers.
- It is affordable, making it a great option for those on a budget.
These fertilizer spikes are great! I have a lot of trees and shrubs, and these make it so easy to give them the nutrients they need without having to mix or measure anything. They last a long time too – I only have to do this every few months.
8. Espoma Organic Citrus-tone 5-2-6 Natural & Organic Fertilizer and Plant …
- Brand: Espoma
- Manufacturer: Espoma
- Dimensions: Height: 12.0 Inches Width: 3.2 Inches Length: 7.0 Inches Weight: 4.0 Pounds `
Espoma has been a trusted name in organic gardening for over 80 years. The Citrus-tone 5-2-6 Natural & Organic Fertilizer and Plant Food is no exception to the high quality products that Espoma offers. This fertilizer is made from natural ingredients like feather meal, bone meal, and manure. It also contains kelp meal, which provides essential nutrients for plants. With a 5-2-6 NPK ratio, this fertilizer is perfect for use on citrus trees, vegetables, roses, flowers, and all other plants.
- It is an organic and natural fertilizer that is safe for use around children and pets.
- It contains essential nutrients that help promote healthy growth in plants and flowers.
- It is suitable for use on all types of citrus trees, including lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit trees.
- It helps to improve the overall health of the tree by providing a slow release of nutrients over time.
- It is easy to apply and can be used on both indoor and outdoor plants.
Espoma’s organic citrus-tone is the best fertilizer I’ve ever used! It’s made my plants so healthy and vibrant. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an organic option.
9. Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer 4 lb
- Brand: Dr. Earth
- Manufacturer: Dr. Earth, Inc.
- Dimensions: Height: 11.4 Inches Width: 4.8 Inches Length: 6.8 Inches Weight: 4.0 Pounds `
This Dr. Earth Natural Wonder Fruit Tree Fertilizer 4 lb. is a great product! It’s made my fruit trees look so healthy and they’re producing more fruit than ever before! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to give their fruit trees a boost!
- It is an organic fertilizer that is safe for both people and the environment.
- It is gentle enough to be used on young trees without harming them.
- It provides essential nutrients that help promote healthy growth and fruit production.
- It is easy to use and can be applied directly to the soil or tree roots.
- It is long lasting and only needs to be applied once every two months for best results.
This product is amazing! It has made my fruit trees so much healthier and they are producing so much more fruit. I would highly recommend it to anyone with fruit trees.
10. Fertilome (10822) Fruit, Citrus and Pecan Tree Food 19-10-5 (20 …
- Brand: ferti-lome
- Manufacturer: Voluntary Purchasing Groups Inc
- Dimensions: Height: 21.0 Inches Width: 14.0 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches Weight: 20.0 Pounds `
Fertilome (10822) Fruit, Citrus and Pecan Tree Food 19-10-5 is a great product for fruit trees. It contains all the nutrients that citrus and pecan trees need to stay healthy and produce abundant fruit. This fertilizer is easy to use and really works!
- Fertilome (10822) helps improve the quality of fruits and vegetables.
- Fertilome (10822) helps increase the yield of crops.
- Fertilome (10822) helps reduce the cost of production.
- Fertilome (10822) is easy to use and apply.
- Fertilome (10822) is safe for both humans and animals
Fertilome (10822) Fruit, Citrus and Pecan Tree Food 19-10-5 (20 lb.) is great! I have been using it on my fruit trees for a couple of years now and the difference is amazing. The trees are so much healthier and the fruit tastes better than ever. This fertilizer really works wonders!
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best fertilizer for a pomegranate?
Pomegranates are one of the oldest fruits in the world and have been grown for centuries in hot, dry climates. The pomegranate is a member of the berry family and its scientific name is Punica granatum. Pomegranates are relatively easy to grow and care for, but they do have some specific fertilizer requirements.
The best fertilizer for a pomegranate is one that is high in nitrogen and low in phosphorus. Nitrogen helps promote leaf growth while phosphorus aids in root development. A good ratio to look for is 4-1-2 or 5-1-2.
Additionally, pomegranates benefit from trace elements such as iron, manganese, and zinc. These can be found in chelated form or sulfate form. You should apply fertilizer to your pomegranate three times per year: once in early spring, once mid-summer, and again in late summer/early fall.
Apply it around the drip line (the area where rainwater drips off of the edge of the leaves) of the plant so that it does not come into contact with the leaves or fruit directly which can burn them. Water thoroughly after applying fertilizer to help distribute nutrients evenly throughout the soil.
When should you fertilize pomegranate trees?
Pomegranate trees are typically fertilized three times a year: once in the spring, once in early summer, and once in late summer.
Is Miracle Grow good for pomegranate trees?
Pomegranate trees are a type of fruit tree that is native to the Middle East and South Asia. The pomegranate is a red, spherical fruit that is about the size of an orange. The pomegranate has a thick skin and a juicy, pink flesh with many seeds.
Pomegranates are a popular fruit because they are sweet and tart, and they have many health benefits. Pomegranates are high in antioxidants, which can help protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of some diseases. Pomegranates also contain Vitamins C and E, which can boost immunity and promote healthy skin.
Additionally, pomegranates are a good source of fiber, potassium, and iron. So, is Miracle Grow good for pomegranate trees? Yes!
Miracle Grow is rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash – all essential nutrients for healthy plant growth. Moreover, Miracle Grow’s slow-release formula provides these nutrients over an extended period of time (up to 3 months), so your plants will continue to receive nourishment even as they grow larger.
Should you fertilize pomegranate trees?
Fertilizing pomegranate trees is an important part of their overall care. Pomegranates are heavy feeders and require regular fertilization to produce healthy fruit. A general-purpose fertilizer that is high in nitrogen can be applied to pomegranate trees three times a year – once in early spring, once in mid-summer, and once in late summer or early fall.
It is important not to over-fertilize pomegranate trees, as this can lead to excessive leaf growth and reduced fruit production.
Is citrus fertilizer good for pomegranate?
Citrus fertilizer is good for pomegranate trees because it provides them with the nutrients they need to grow and produce fruit. Pomegranate trees are native to the Mediterranean region and thrive in warm, sunny climates. They are relatively drought-tolerant and do not require a lot of water or fertilizer to grow.
However, like all plants, they need some essential nutrients to remain healthy and produce fruit. Citrus fertilizer contains nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and other minerals that pomegranate trees need for proper growth.
How do I keep my pomegranate tree healthy?
Assuming you would like tips on how to keep a pomegranate tree healthy, here are some helpful ideas:
Pomegranate trees require full sun and well-drained soil in order to thrive. Be sure to plant your tree in an area that receives at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight each day.
The soil should also be loose and sandy for optimal drainage. If your soil is dense or clay-like, consider adding organic matter such as compost or manure to help loosen it up. Watering is another important factor when it comes to keeping your pomegranate tree healthy.
These trees are drought-tolerant once they are established, but young trees will need to be watered regularly (about 1” per week) during their first growing season. Once the tree is established, you can cut back on watering slightly, but make sure not to let the soil dry out completely as this can stress the tree and cause fruit production to decline. Mulching around the base of the tree can also help conserve moisture in the soil.
Fertilizing your pomegranate tree is important for promoting growth and encouraging fruit production. A general purpose fertilizer applied monthly during the growing season should suffice, but you can also consult with a local nursery or extension office for specific recommendations based on your climate and soil type. Last but not least, pruning is essential for maintaining a healthy pomegranate tree.
You should remove any dead or diseased branches as soon as possible, and thin out overcrowded areas of the canopy to promote airflow and prevent fungal diseases from taking hold. Pomegranate trees typically produce fruit on new growth, so don’t be afraid to trim back branches significantly if necessary – just be sure not to remove more than one-third of the foliage at a time.
If you’re looking for the best fertilizer for pomegranate trees in 2023, look no further than our top picks. Our guide will help you choose the right fertilizer for your tree, and provide tips on how to use it effectively. With our help, you can keep your pomegranate tree healthy and productive for years to come.