Looking for the best fertilizer for dogwood trees? You’ve come to the right place! We’ve done the research and compiled a list of the best fertilizers for dogwood trees in 2023. We considered dozens of factors when selecting the best fertilizers for dogwood trees, including nutrient content, pH levels, moisture retention, and ease of application. After careful consideration, we’ve narrowed it down to the five best products on the market. Our top pick is Miracle-Gro Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food. This fertilizer is perfect for dogwoods, as it’s rich in nutrients and easy to apply. It also has a slightly acidic pH level that’s ideal for these types of trees. If you’re looking for an organic option, our second pick is Espoma Tree-Tone Organic Fertilizer. This product is made from natural ingredients and provides essential nutrients to help your tree thrive. It also has a 4-3-4 nutrient ratio that’s perfect for dogwoods. No matter which fertilizer you choose, you can be confident that you’re getting one of the best products on the market. So go ahead and pick the perfect fertilizer for your dogwood tree!
Review of Best Fertilizer For Dogwood Trees Of 2023 – Comparison & Top Picks
1. Scotts Evergreen Flowering Tree & Shrub Continuous Release Plant Food
- Brand: Scotts
- Manufacturer: Scotts – Mixing Warehouse Items
- Dimensions: Height: 9.5 Inches Width: 5.5 Inches Length: 3.0 Inches Weight: 3.0 Pounds `
This plant food is great for evergreen trees and shrubs! It is a continuous release fertilizer that provides nutrients for up to 8 weeks. It is easy to use and makes my plants look healthy and green.
- It is easy to use
- The product is long lasting
- It provides nutrients for a variety of trees and shrubs
- It can be used on both new and established plants
- It promotes continuous blooming
This product is great! It’s easy to use and really keeps my plants healthy. I’ve used it for a few years now and would recommend it to anyone.
2. Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Plant Food Spikes, 12 Spikes/Pack
- Brand: Miracle-Gro
- Manufacturer: Miracle-Gro
- Color: Basic Pack
- Dimensions: Height: 2.13 Inches Width: 5.5 Inches Length: 8.75 Inches
This product is great for feeding your trees and shrubs. The spikes make it easy to apply the food evenly around the root zone.
- The product is easy to use.
- The product is affordable.
- The product is effective.
- The product is safe for the environment.
- The product is available in many stores
I love these spikes! They make it so easy to feed my trees and shrubs without having to mix or measure anything. I just push them into the ground around the plants and they do all the work. The plants always look healthy and vibrant after using these spikes.
3. Shake ‘N Feed Flowering Trees and Shrubs Plant Food
- Brand: Miracle-Gro
- Manufacturer: Miracle-Gro
- Color: Brown/A
- Dimensions: Height: 7.0 Inches Width: 13.5 Inches Length: 4.25 Inches
This product is perfect for giving your flowering trees and shrubs the extra nutrition they need to flourish! The easy-to-use Shake ‘N Feed container makes applying the food a snap, and you’ll love seeing the results of healthier, more beautiful plants.
- The product is easy to use and helps promote growth in flowering trees and shrubs.
- It contains essential nutrients that help plants thrive, including nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Shake ‘N Feed Flowering Trees and Shrubs Plant Food helps encourage blooming and improves the overall health of plants.
- It is ideal for use on a variety of trees and shrubs, including roses, camellias and azaleas.
- This product is an excellent value for money, providing long-lasting results
This product is awesome! I have used it on my flowering trees and shrubs for years and they have never looked better. The flowers are always so vibrant and healthy looking, and the plants seem to grow faster and fuller with each year. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants beautiful flowers in their yard!
4. Scotts Continuous Release Evergreen Flowering Tree and Shrub Fertilizer, 3-Pound …
- Brand: Scotts
- Manufacturer: Scotts
- Dimensions: Height: 4.0 Inches Width: 5.5 Inches Length: 9.5 Inches Weight: 3.0 Pounds `
This fertilizer is amazing! It’s easy to use and it really works – my trees and shrubs have never looked so good. This stuff is definitely worth the price.
- The fertilizer helps to promote continuous growth of trees and shrubs.
- It is designed for evergreen trees and shrubs, which need constant nourishment.
- The slow-release formula means that the nutrients are released over a period of time, providing a steady supply for your plants.
- This fertilizer contains essential nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus, which are necessary for healthy plant growth.
- This product is easy to use and apply, thanks to the included shaker applicator on the bottle.
I love this fertilizer! I have used it on all of my flowering trees and shrubs and they have never looked better. The continuous release formula means that I don’t have to keep reapplying it like other fertilizers, and it really seems to make a difference in the health and vigor of my plants.
5. Jobe’s, 01660, Fertilizer Spikes, Tree & Shrubs, Includes 15 Spikes, …
- Brand: Jobe’s
- Manufacturer: Jobe’s
- Color: Original Version
- Dimensions: Height: 2.5 Inches Width: 9.5 Inches Length: 6.5 Inches Weight: 0.88 Pounds `
This product is great for trees and shrubs! It comes with 15 fertilizer spikes that help provide essential nutrients to plants. This product is easy to use and helps promote healthy growth in plants.
- They are easy to use and don’t require mixing or measuring.
- They provide a slow, steady release of nutrients that last for several months.
- They can be used on both trees and shrubs.
- They are less likely to leach out of the soil than other types of fertilizer.
- They can be used in areas where watering is restricted.
I was very happy with the Jobe’s Fertilizer Spikes. They were easy to use and my plants seem to be doing better since I applied them.
6. TreeHelp Premium Fertilizer for Dogwood
- Manufacturer: TreeHelp
- Dimensions: Weight: 3.30693393 Pounds `
If you have a dogwood tree, then you need TreeHelp Premium Fertilizer for Dogwood. This fertilizer is made with the highest quality ingredients and it will help your dogwood tree to grow and thrive.
- The fertilizer contains essential nutrients that help dogwoods to grow strong and healthy.
- It helps promote lush growth and bright foliage.
- Dogwoods treated with this fertilizer are more resistant to stress and pests.
- It encourages deep root growth, which leads to a stronger, more stable tree.
- This fertilizer is easy to use and apply, making it convenient for busy gardeners.
We have been using TreeHelp Premium Fertilizer for Dogwood on our trees for the past few years and have been very happy with the results. The fertilizer really seems to help our trees stay healthy and green, and we haven’t had any problems with them since we started using it.
7. Purely Organic Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Plant Food Spikes (Box …
- Brand: Purely Organic Products
- Manufacturer: Purely Organic Products
- Dimensions: Height: 5.25 Inches Width: 7.0 Inches Length: 1.25 Inches Weight: 1.5 Pounds `
This product is great for those who want to give their plants a little extra boost! The fertilizer spikes are easy to use and make a big difference in the health of your plants.
- The product is made of purely organic materials, which are safe for the environment and human health.
- The product is designed to slowly release nutrients into the soil, providing a steady supply of nutrition for plants.
- The product is easy to use, simply insert the spikes into the soil around the base of the plant.
- The product is long-lasting, one application can provide nutrition for plants for up to 2 months.
- The product is cost-effective, a single box can fertilize up to 100 trees or shrubs.
This is an excellent product! I have used it on my trees and shrubs for years with great results. The fertilizer spikes are easy to use and last a long time. My plants are always healthy and vigorous.
8. 3.5 lb. Tree, Shrub and Evergreen Plant Food-Vigoro-124260 (1 Pack)
- Brand: Vigoro
- Manufacturer: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Dimensions: Weight: 3.5 Pounds `
Vigoro’s 3.5 lb. Tree, Shrub and Evergreen Plant Food is perfect for feeding trees, shrubs, and evergreens! This plant food is formulated with a unique blend of nutrients that help promote growth and prevent stress. The slow-release formula provides nutrients for up to 8 weeks, so your plants will always be fed!
- The product is designed to help trees, shrubs and evergreens grow strong and healthy.
- It provides vital nutrients that these plants need in order to thrive.
- It is easy to use and can be applied directly to the soil around the base of the plant.
- It is long lasting and will continue to provide nutrients for several months after application.
- It is an affordable way to give your trees, shrubs and evergreens the extra boost they need to stay healthy and vigorous
We have used this product for a few years now and have always been very pleased with the results. The 3.5 lb. size is just right for our needs and it lasts quite awhile. We have recommended it to many of our friends who are also happy with the product.
9. Fertilome (10865) Tree and Shrub Food 19-8-10 (20 lbs.)
- Brand: ferti-lome
- Manufacturer: Voluntary Purchasing Group Inc
- Dimensions: Height: 21.0 Inches Width: 14.0 Inches Length: 2.8 Inches Weight: 20.1 Pounds `
Fertilome (10865) Tree and Shrub Food 19-8-10 (20 lbs.) is an excellent product for feeding trees and shrubs. The balanced fertilizer provides essential nutrients for strong growth and beautiful foliage. This easy-to-use product is perfect for keeping your landscape looking its best.
- The product is easy to use.
- It is an all natural product.
- It is made in the USA.
- It feeds trees and shrubs for up to 8 weeks.
- It promotes growth and greening of leaves.
This product is amazing! I have used it on all of my trees and shrubs and they are doing so much better. The leaves are greener and the plants look healthier overall. This food has really made a difference in my yard.
10. The Old Farmer’s Almanac Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes (Box …
- Brand: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
- Manufacturer: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
- Dimensions: Height: 5.25 Inches Width: 7.0 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches Weight: 3.0 Pounds `
The Old Farmer’s Almanac Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes are great for giving your trees and shrubs the nutrients they need to stay healthy and strong. The spikes are easy to use and make fertilizing your plants a breeze.
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes (Box of 12) can provide your trees and shrubs with the nutrients they need to grow strong and healthy.
- These fertilizer spikes are easy to use, simply insert them into the soil around the base of your plants.
- With regular use, these spikes will help promote green leaves, more blooms, and overall healthier plants.
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes are also great for preventing nutrient deficiencies that can lead to problems like leaf yellowing or stunted growth.
- This product is an excellent value since it comes in a box of 12 fertilizer spikes which should last for several months depending on the number of trees and shrubs you have in your landscape.
We love these fertilizer spikes! They are so easy to use and they really seem to make a difference in the health of our plants. We have used them for a few years now and will continue to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best fertilizer for Dogwood trees?
When it comes to finding the best fertilizer for Dogwood trees, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. The first is the age of your tree. If your tree is young, you'll want to use a fertilizer that is high in nitrogen.
This will encourage strong growth and help your tree develop a deep root system. For mature trees, look for a fertilizer that contains phosphorus. This will promote blooming and fruit production.
You should also consider the time of year when you're fertilizing your Dogwood tree. The best time to fertilize is in early spring, before new growth begins. Apply the fertilizer around the drip line of the tree (the outer edge of the branch spread), being careful not to get any on the trunk or leaves.
2. What are the different types of fertilizers available for Dogwood trees?
There are a few different types of fertilizers available for Dogwood trees. The best type of fertilizer to use depends on the age and health of your tree.
If you have a young tree, it is best to use a slow-release fertilizer.
This type of fertilizer will release nutrients over time, which will help your tree to grow strong and healthy roots. Slow-release fertilizers are also great for trees that are stress or in poor health. For an established tree, you can use either a slow-release or quick-release fertilizer.
Quick-release fertilizers will provide your tree with a quick boost of nutrients, which can be helpful during periods of rapid growth or if your tree is suffering from nutrient deficiencies. However,quick-release fertilizers can alsoburnrootsif not used properly, so be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions carefully. No matter what type of fertilizer you choose, always apply it at the root zoneof your tree (where the roots are growing) and water it in well afterwards.
3. How often should I fertilize my Dogwood tree?
It is best to fertilize your Dogwood tree three times a year. The first feeding should be in early spring, before new growth begins. The second feeding should be in mid-summer, and the third feeding should be in late fall.
Our top pick for the best fertilizer for dogwood trees of 2023 is the Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Fertilizer Spikes. These spikes are easy to use and provide nutrients that will help your dogwood tree to thrive.